Dr. James Goforth, Dr. Charles McKaraher and Physician Assistant Michael Brashear come to you with a combined 50+ years of experience. The top priority of our physicians and staff is to give each patient the highest quality of urgent care available. We provide extended office hours and we are open 7 days a week. You will have less wait times than an emergency room visit. No appointment is necessary. However, we are please to announce you can now make appointments online*!
*Please note that online appointments are for non-emergency illnesses or injuries.
If your condition is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency room.
SPECIAL SERVICES PROVIDED IN OUR OFFICES:
• Dehydration / IV Fluids Therapy
• Bone Fractures
• Sports Injuries
• Sports Physicals
• Urinary Tract Infection
• Upper Respiratory Infection
• Eye Infection or Minor Injuries
• Skin Infection
• Gastrointestinal Illness
• Onsite X-ray & Laboratory Services
Catawba Valley Urgent Care – Piedmont utilizes an Advanced Care Team model. Our Advanced Care Team members include:
• Social Worker
• Case Manager/Care Coordination
2972 N Center Street • Hickory, NC 28601
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 9am – 7pm
Saturday – Sunday: 9am – 5pm
Online appointments available, walk-ins still welcome – Now accepting all forms of insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare.
Schedule Your OnlineAppointment in 3 Easy Steps
- Choose the Schedule My Appointment button below to select a convenient appointment time for today or tomorrow. If you do not see a time that is convenient for you, please call us at 828. 431.4955.
- Complete the secure questionnaire on the following page. If you have an account already with Catawba Valley Medical Group Patient Portal, please login on this screen, with your patient portal username and password. Bring your photo ID and primary/secondary insurance cards to your appointment to ensure your claim is processed properly.
- If scheduling an appointment without using your portal login, you must enter a valid phone number in order to verify your appointment via text message or automated call back. Your appointment is not verified until you receive a text or automated call containing a verification code and have entered that code on your online form. Be sure to keep your appointment form open in your browser until you have entered this code. If you do not immediately receive a text or automated call or have any questions, call 828.431.4955.
Ready to get started? Click the button below to schedule your appointment.
Dr. James Goforth
Dr. Goforth was born and raised in Greenville, SC. He graduated from Clemson University, then went on to attend the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston for his Doctor of Medicine degree. He returned to Greenville, SC for an internship residency in Internal Medicine at Greenville Memorial Hospital. He has board certifications from the American Board of Internal Medicine, as well as a Board Certification in Emergency Medicine. He has practiced Emergency Medicine since residency in Charlotte, Mooresville and Hickory hospital based Emergency Departments. He has also practiced Urgent Care medicine for 15 years. He enjoys spending time with his wife, 15 year old son and 10 year old daughter, plus watching their sports and activities. He enjoys jogging with his dog, exercise and sports, plus Christian activities.
Dr. Charles McKaraher
Mike is a graduate of Lenoir-Rhyne University. He attended the Physician Assistant Program at Bowman Gray School of Medicine/Wake Forest. He has been practicing medicine in the Hickory area for 18 years. His first years out of school were spent working in emergency medicine. Mike has spent the last 14 1/2 years at Piedmont Urgent Care (now CVUC Piedmont). He and his wife Heather have a son, Harrison, and a daughter, Madison. Mike and his family live locally and enjoy spending time with family and friends. Mike’s hobbies include anything outdoors.